There is a burglary every 13 seconds around the country, and while this is an alarming rate, business owners can use a few automatic security technologies to help secure their company. One of the most common ways to protect your assets is by installing automatic door systems. But how exactly do they enhance security in a commercial building?
First, we must establish that burglaries are not the only security concerns in a building. Here are some of the best ways automatic door systems help protect your business:
- They help capture everyone that enters a building: Whether in a commercial or residential building, human beings are unable to notice every person who enters and leaves the premises. Automatic door systems are more efficient than your simple pull options and when they’re outfitted with video monitoring, you will capture everyone who walks through the door, hands-free. These doors first integrate with the access control system. When needed, these doors can also trigger video monitoring to watch who comes in and out of your business.
However, using video monitoring is only half of the security puzzle. To be truly protected, you need to ensure that the designer door hardware you are using is of high-quality and working correctly. For example, your door systems need to be integrated with materials and sensors, but they still have to come in different door styles that fit your building requirements. Automatic doors must be taken care of to stay in quality condition. With the busy schedule in today’s world, it is wise to call upon a security company to handle your door’s maintenance, including cleaning, tightening, and updating the security hardware.
- They offer fire protection escape routes: Whenever there is a fire, you need to be sure that people in your building can get out as fast as possible. You must ensure that people don’t fumble with doors. Serving as emergency doors, automatic door systems are fitted with commercial access controls that close safely in the event of a fire. This prevents the spread of smoke and gives people enough time to escape to safety.
- They lock unwanted people in: Locking unwanted people inside a building until police officers arrive at the scene is essential. If you’re able to secure the thief in an empty room, this is the best-case scenario. That way, your staff stays safe and there is no way for the intruder to escape.
For automatic door systems to use this feature, it needs to be connected to the access control system installed by your security provider. This may also include video monitoring, which is essential in identifying where the burglar is located. By locking that entrance through an automated door system, you safely trap the target without risking lives. Automatic doors are thus a critical business security solution, primarily if your business relies on safes.
- They keep unwanted people out: Certain areas of your business may be off-limits to both patrons and staff members. Keep unwanted visitors away from these locations with the help of identification access codes or other forms of identification.
- They offer easy accessibility: Do you deal with older people and children? Then an access door is a must-have for you. Automatic doors make it easy for older people and children to enter and leave a building, encouraging a customer-friendly work environment.
When looking to install automatic door systems, work with a company that uses high-quality products and the necessary maintenance you need to keep your automatic door systems working correctly. For more information on automatic door systems and how they can benefit your business, rely on AA Safe and Security.